Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > ORS Clubs & Branches > OR Football Club > ORFC vs Carthusians

ORFC vs Carthusians

Dunn SF vs Old Carthusians

Squad: West, Bull, Mann, Urwin, Parton, Evans, Aliev, Jackson, Slack, Watson, Samra, Callaghan, Pollard, Ferrinho.

Our semi- final clash with powerhouse of Dunn football Old Carthusians looked in doubt in the week leading up to the game, as Repton sadly had to close their grounds due to COVID-19.  Eventually after some scrambling about, we found a decent 3G pitch at John Port School not too far from our usual HQ.

With the ORs looking for some ‘revenge’ for their final defeat a couple years back, a top notch squad was assembled and battle commenced. 

The OCs started brightly and it’s no secret as to why they have been so successful in the Dunn and Premier League over the last decade. With largely the same squad turning up each week they almost hold a sense on telepathy in their play, knowing where their teammates were at all times. Still, the ORs battled away with a very youthful side, with a few playing in their first full Dunn campaign!

With Ferrinho and Parton looking most threatening for Repton it was a huge blow to see Ferrinho go off with an injury in the first half. We hope for a speedy recovery! 

The game was a cagey affair with little chances at goal first half from either side. 

The second half began and it was clear the Carthusians were hell bent on leaving ‘the shire’ with the win. They created several half chances but a mightly impressive defensive display from MOM Bull, Urwin, Mann and substitute Slack kept the lads in it. One moment of pure brilliance from Bull thwarted a clear goal for the opponents. With the Carthusian CF only 8 yds from goal all he had to do was sweep the ball home. Bull at full stretch, Bull gave his all to prevent the goal, and somehow managed to get himself in between ball and net. Fantastic commitment from the young defender and it galvanised the lads for the remaining 10 minutes. With a few nervy half chances towards the end, the ORs were happy to hear the full-time whistle go and force the replay. 

With another few gears for the Old Reptonians to go into, we have every confidence in producing a result next time out. 

At the time of writing we have no clear date set for the SF replay, but have been assured that everything will be done in order to get the tie played and the final also. 

Could the OR’s get to two cup finals in one season? The quest is very much still on!

Up the ORs!

ORFC Committee


Similar stories

Mike Watson (P'04) being presented with 'Player of the Year' trophy by Alex Evans and Nick Walford.

Sports Night (October 2018)

See photos and watch interviews from our evening at The Queens Club, West Kensington. More...

Most read

Have your say

This website is powered by